The Spartanburg Alumnae Chapter has given away more than $40,500 in scholarships.
2023-2024 Scholarship application will be avalible in November 2023.
Contact us by email with questions.
Files coming soon.
To be considered for the 2024 SAC Scholarship Award, the applicant must:
o be a permanent resident of Spartanburg, Cherokee, or Union counties;
o be African-American;
o be a graduating senior from a Spartanburg, Cherokee, or Union county school (public, private, or charter);
o have applied or been accepted to enter an accredited four-year university or college as a full-time student in the school year within 12 months of receiving the scholarship.
o complete the application in accordance with the application guidelines;
o have a scholastic average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale through the end of the second quarter of their high school senior year.
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, community service, a written essay, and letters of recommendation.
Scholarship applicants must submit the following:
• A completed online application.
• Two (2) letters of recommendation from school officials (e.g. principal, assistant principal, counselor, teacher, advisor, organization lead or athletic coach).
• Recommendation letters must be typed, signed and dated
letterhead. All recommendation letters MUST be emailed to the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by the school official.
• An official high school transcript MUST be emailed to the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
• A typed essay
• Academic excellence and extracurricular activities involvement
• Leadership experience and skills
• Contributions to the improvement of the community through service
• Attach a current professional 4x6 headshot of yourself to the application form.
Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org